Moving Within New York State?
Tri-State Moving Services knows what it takes to make a local move successful:
- Safe, timely delivery of your possessions.
- Professional, courteous staff.
- Competitive pricing.
That is why we treat each customer's move individually, properly assessing your needs before the move begins.
or call toll free now
Our moving consultants are highly trained and experienced, ensuring you outstanding service.
Our experience enables us to offer extremely competitive pricing without compromising quality and attention to detail.
Tri-State Moving Services is a long distance moving specialist.
Long distance moves are different then local moves and require a special set of skills, licenses and experience.
Our years of experience have taught us how to achieve hassle free, on-time moves time after time.
How Are Long Distance Moves Priced?
The two main factors that determine the cost of your move are the distance you are moving and the weight of your shipment.
Like most people, you probably don't know the total weight of your belongings so in order to determine an approximate weight for your move, just use our FREE Online Estimate system or schedule a FREE in-home visual estimate.
- You should note that, like all other moving companies, we will be unable to determine the exact weight of your shipment until the actual day of the move.
- We welcome you to join us at a government regulated weigh station while we weigh the truck with and without your shipment fully loaded. The difference between those two weights is the weight of your shipment.
Additional factors that will effect the price of your move include:
- Packing services you order from us.
- So called "Accessorial Charges". These are things that keep the truck away from the door of your new or old home such as flights of stairs, elevators, narrow access lane, etc.
- Your choice of additional insurance valuation for the move.
- Storage of your goods while you settle in your new home.
Provided by Tri-State Moving Services at no extra cost, "valuation" liability is NOT insurance and is mandated by the US Department of Transportation.
This type of value protection values all lost or damaged household goods at only sixty cents per pound per item for long distance moves and only 30 cnts per pound for local moves.
- You should note that this often does not cover the actual replacement cost of your goods so read on. For instance, if a ten pound personal computer worth $500 were lost or destroyed during an interstate move, you would only receive $6.00 (60¢ x 10 lbs.) !
- For this reason we recommend that you purchase Replacement Valuation Coverage from us or Full Replacement Insurance from and insurance provider.
This optional coverage costs extra but provides more comprehensive coverage for the real value of your goods. With this plan any items lost or damaged during your move will be repaired or replaced with like items without depreciation for their age. The way it works:
- You declare a lump sum value for your shipment. There is a minimum required declaration of $5.00 per pound (so that for example, a 10,000 lbs. shipment will be valued at a minimum of $50,000).
- You select your desired deductible:
- $0 deductible at $10.00 per thousand dollars of value.
- $250 deductible at $8.50 per thousand dollars of value.
- $500 deductible at $7.00 per thousand dollars of value.
The final price for this protection plan depends on the value you declare for your goods and the level of deduction you select.
Please contact your move consultant for further information.
Full Replacement Value Insurance
This type of insurance is not provided by Tri-State Moving Services. You can obtain this type of insurance through a third party insurance provider. Replacement Value Insurance should cover you for the full true replacement value of your goods. If you have renter's or homeowner's insurance, you may already be covered or may be able to purchase an inexpensive rider - check with your insurance agent.
If you choose to purchase relocation insurance you should expect to receive at least the following terms:
- Full replacement value coverage
- 90-day guaranteed claim resolution
- 30 days of free storage insurance
- Coverage against fire, theft and acts of nature
Proper Packing is Essential to a Successful Move.
Remove stress and save time by having Tri-State pack some or all of your belongings for you. We'll be glad to pack (and unpack) your entire household or even pack just one or two special items such as a valuable painting or a single china cabinet.
Our professional and courteous packing teams are experts in carefully and efficiently packing and unpacking all household goods.
Framed Art, Antiques, Mirrors, Glass, Marble Tops, Chandeliers ?
Tri-State's professional carpenters can build a custom crate for your treasured valuable on site.
Thinking of Packing Yourself ? Tri-State can help.
We recommend using only professional movers' boxes. Used cartons may have weak areas that will crush easily, may be odd sizes that will not load and travel well or may not be strong enough for the amount of goods that fit in them.
Packing the right items in the right cartons is important. Tri-State offers Box Package Kits that contain all the materials you need for a specific packing task at a tremendous savings. We also offer a wide variety of professional mover's boxes and materials.
1-2 Bedroom Kit:
- 5 dish Pack Cartons (5.1 cu. ft.)
- 10 book Cartons (1-5 cu. ft)
- 10 Medium Cartons (3.0 cu. ft)
- 10 large Cartons (4.5 c. ft.)
- 5 Extra Large Cartons (6.0 cu. ft.)
- 4 Rolls of Packing Tape
- 2 Black Markers
- 60 Labels
3-4 Bedroom Bedroom Kit:
- 15 Book Cartons (1.5 cu. ft.)
- 10 Medium Cartons (3.0 cu. ft.)
- 12 Large Cartons (4.5 cu. ft.)
- 10 Extra Large Cartons (6.0 cu. ft.)
- 4 Rolls of Tape
- 2 Black Markers
- 60 Labels
Kitchen Speed Pack
- 8 Dish Packs (5.1 cu. ft.)
- 5 Medium Cartons (3.0 cu. ft.)
- 3 Large Cartons (4.5 cu. ft.)
- 2 Packs of Wrapping Paper (30lbs each)
- 2 Black Markers
- 60 Labels
Individual Boxes and Other Packing Supplies
- Dish Pack - $8.60
- Book Carton - $3.00
- Medium - $4.00
- Large - $5.25
- Extra Large - $6.00
- Mattress Q/K - $9.00
- Mattress Single - $7.00
- Tote (Legal) - $3.50
- Mirror - $10.00
- Wardrobe - $12.00
- Tape - $3.50
- Wrapping Paper - $30.00 (25 lbs.)
- Paper Pads - $2.50 per pad
- Shrink Wrap - $20.00 per roll
Can’t find exactly what you need ? Ask our experienced moving consultants.
Tri State Moving Services offers complete state-of-the-art storage solutions.
Short term or long term, we can store your household goods in a clean, secure, easily accessible facility for as long as you need.
Why Store with Tri-State:
- We don't charge an up-front deposit.
- You never pay for more then the actual days your goods were stored.
- You pay only for space you actually use.
- Access your belongings any day of the week (with advance notice).
- Oversized items are not a problem.
- Our low rates will save you money.